In this article we show you how you can disable the keyboard in your laptop safely and quickly.
This is definitely not the type of thing you would love to do with accident. We are going to show you how you can permanently disable your laptop keyboard.
Disable your laptop’s keyboard in device manager
- Click to your Start Menu, and type in Device Manager.
- Now, Open the Device Manager and then find your way to keyboards and reach the arrow to the left of it.
- Then, you will have the ability to discover your laptop’s keyboard. Click right and hit on’Uninstall’.
It may start work until you need to restart you laptop, but if you flip it back to the device will automatically reinstall the drivers for your keyboard. If you would like to permanently disable the keyboard, we have got a solution for this below.
How to use a USB keyboard on a laptop
Joining a USB keyboard to your laptop is as easy as plugging it all in. The drivers for your hardware will automatically install, then you are all set. The keyboard that’s made to a laptop will even continue to function while the USB one is plugged in also.
How to permanently disable your laptop keyboard
If you want to permanently disable the keyboard in your laptop it is likely to be a bit more involved. You are going to need to turn off Windows’s capability to automatically install the driver differently the keyboard will spring back to existence each single time you reboot your system.
Follow these steps for permanently disable your laptop keyboard :-
- Click on start button, and in the search box then type ‘gpedit.msc’
- Click the Computer configuration file, then go into Administrative Template>System,Device Installation.
- Then go to into Device Installation restrictions. You will see numerous alternatives on the right click and Prevent Installation of Devices not clarified by additional policy settings and edit this choice, setting it to enabled.
Now you are done this , you can go back to your Device Manager and follow the steps on peak of the report. Uninstall the driver on your keyboard, and if you reboot into your PC it won’t automatically install it, and also the keyboard in your laptop will no longer work.
It is a fantastic idea to go back to ‘gpedit.msc’ and revert the switch so you are going to have the ability to install the driver in the future if you so desire.
Finally, by following these steps you are able to disable your laptop keyboard. If you are facing any problem in disable keyboard then you can comment us freely. We are here for helping you. And don’t forgot to share with your friends. Hope you like it.